Hungry? This awesome grilled maple-bourbon steak salad has roasted tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, and a balsamic vinaigrette. Perfect for a low carb dinner you can serve to friends.
When it starts getting warmer outside I love to get the grill going. Steak tips are one of my family’s favorites. The night you grill them they are the center of a really good meal. Make enough steak tips to have leftovers and the next night you’ve got the start of a big bold salad that is great with your favorite bourbon ready and waiting for you in the fridge.
Bourbon goes best with intense flavors. Below are three salad toppings that will keep up with your favorite bourbon.
3 bold flavored salad toppings that go well with bourbon:
1. Blue Cheese: I was skeptical about this one, but blue cheese has a sharp, bold and distinct flavor that has long been paired with steak. If you are not a blue cheese dressing fan, I get it. I think the melted, saucy version is pretty gross but have discovered that the cold tubs of crumbled blue cheese are a lot more palatable. You can sprinkle on just enough to get the taste without dousing your salad or steak in sauce.
2. Steak tips marinated in a rich maple bourbon sauce: This is my favorite salad protein. We buy our steak tips already marinated from our local butcher, but I’ve got a recipe for a very similar maple bourbon marinade I’ll share soon. The sweetness of the maple highlights the savory steak.
3. Balsamic vinaigrette dressing: We just use a bottle of Ken’s Steakhouse balsamic vinaigrette but you could easily make your own. I find that it adds a big tangy taste that makes any salad better. It compliments the blue cheese and beef perfectly.
It is important to remember that although bourbon goes great with any meal you should always drink responsibly. I always include a second beverage at the table: water, lemonade or my newest favorite Orange Vanilla Coke.
Like this post? Let’s keep in touch:
Come say hello over on Instagram: You can find me sharing a little bit of everything over at Bourbon Goes With Everything on Instagram.
Follow me on Pinterest: I’m pinning all my favorite books, gadgets, and more over on Pinterest. Looking for great gift ideas? I’ve got you covered. Follow along with Bourbon Goes WIth Everything on Pinterest.
Maple bourbon steak tips with blue cheese and tomato salad
- Leftover grilled steak tips that have been marinated in maple bourbon sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, roasted
- 1 container of mixed greens
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 bottle of your favorite balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Slice the steak tips into bite-sized pieces. The salad is great with the steak cold from the fridge or heated up, whichever you prefer.
- Roast the cherry tomatoes: Toss a pint of cherry tomatoes in a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Pour them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roast at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until the skins blister.
- Fill 4 dinner plates with mixed greens. Top with the tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve with dressing on the side.